CalRecycle invites tire recyclers to attend the 2020 California Tire Conference this March
The 2020 California Tire Conference will last for two days and will take place on March 18-19, 2020. California's Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) serves as the organizer of the event.
This year speakers will discuss problems that challenge scrap tire control and management companies. However, it will also be of interest to enterprises involved in development of tire-derived products in California.
The conference will be held at the Holiday Inn Sacramento Downtown Arena in Sacramento, CA. Prospective attendees are now welcome to register for the event. It will become a perfect place for networking and education about scrap tire industry trends in recycling and sustainability, retreading, end-of-life tire management and design of tire-derived products; also, it will shed light on market opportunities that exist in the United States at the moment.
Prominent scholars and leading industry experts will talk on trade, emerging technologies and sustainability.
Among the issues on the agenda are:
- Trade-offs in recycling and sustainability — a tire manufacturer's perspective;
- International trade issues and implications for tire recycling;
- California Tire Recycling Market Trends and Issues;
- Incentivizing tire-derived product manufacturers and products;
- End-of-life management for tire-derived products;
- Updates on California and U.S. EPA Crumb Rubber Studies;
- Updates on retreading, rubberized pavement and tire-derived aggregate programs, etc.
Among the presentations at the two-day conference will be:
- "Trade-Offs in Tire Recycling and Sustainability," featured Dick Gust, of Liberty Tire Recycling and the Tire Industry Association Environmental Advisory Council; John Sheerin, director, end-of life tire programs at the U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association; and Charles Astafan, general manager, CM Shredders.
- "Incentivizing Tire-Derived Product Manufacturers and Products," featuring Denise Kennedy, president, DK Enterprises; Nick Amante, grant manager, CalRecycle; Jeff Baldassari, general manager, U.S. Rubber Recycling Inc.; and Lee Hoover, lab manager, Intertek Group P.L.C.
- "International Trade and Implications for Tire Recycling," featuring Roy Littlefield, TIA chief executive officer, and Roy Littlefield IV, TIA director of government affairs.
- "Disruption in the Tire Industry," featuring David Zielasko, TIA vice president of marketing and communications.
- "Latest Trends with New and Emerging Technologies," featuring David Parker, CEO, New Rubber Technologies; Nate Murphy, chief technology officer, Bolder Industries; and Sean Djuricic of Akron Rubber Development Laboratory Inc.
To learn more and register, please visit the event’s website.