EuRIC’s Poul Rasmussen shares thoughts on crumb rubber infill ban on the Tyre Recycling Podcast
Episode 39 of the Tyre Recycling Podcast run by Ewan Scott – chief editor of Tyre and Rubber Recycling magazine – is devoted to the EU's proposed ban on crumb rubber in synthetic turf fields. The guest of the Podcast is Poul Steen Rasmussen, Chair of the Mechanical Tyre Recovery Group at EuRIC. In this podcast, Poul Steen Rasmussen tells about the proposed ban and what it means for the tyre recycling sector and the environment.
- 00:00 – Introduction to Episode 39: EuRIC’s Poul Steen Rasmussen Shares Frustration about Proposed CR Ban
- 00:34 – Editor of Tyre & Rubber Recycling, Ewan Scott Gives Context to the Proposed Crumb Rubber Ban
- 05:01 – Interview with Poul Steen Rasmussen, Chair of EuRIC Mechanical Tyre Recovery Group
- 05:15 – Rasmussen Explains the Impact of a Potential Crumb Rubber Ban
- 06:55 – Ewan Scott and Poul Steen Rasmussen Discuss the Consequence of the Proposed Ban on Crumb Rubber Infill
- 11:04 – Investigations on Retention Measures Surrounding Crumb Rubber Infill and Their Limited Impact on Inclusion in Proposed Microplastics Ban
- 15:40 – How are Tyre Recyclers Going to Manage Tyre Arisings in of Potential Waste Transport Crackdown?
- 19:19 – Poul Steen Rasmussen Feels the Debate is Centred around Feelings Rather than Scentific Fact
- 21:25 – Rasmussen Underlines How Political Movement is Making Recycling Difficult with Policies such as Potential Crumb Rubber Ban
- 27:59 – Rasmussen Discusses Evidence and Studies that has been Presented to Combat Flawed Proposals and Conclusions
- 29:32 – EuRIC‘s Poul Steen Rasmussen Confused as to Why ECHA RAC are not Taking on Provided Evidence
- 32:50 – Richard Wilson and Ewan Scott Analyse the Interview and Assess Impact of Potential Crumb Rubber Ban
- 43:05 – Conclusion to Episode 39: EuRIC‘s Poul Steen Rasmussen Shares Frustration about Proposed CR Ban
To watch other episodes of Tyre Recycling Podcast, make sure to subscribe for Tyre and Rubber Recycling magazine!