EuRIC’s webinar “Boosting Tyre Recyclers - Essential to the European Green Deal”
The European Recycling Industries’ Confederation (EuRIC) – an umbrella organization for European Recycling Industries – holds a webinar series called Recyclers’ Talks. The webinar series by EuRIC connects the dots between EU decision-makers and recyclers to discuss the building blocks required to speed up the transition towards a more circular economy and achieve Europe's climate neutral agenda.
EuRIC’s 4th webinar will be held on June 16, 2021 and it is titled “Boosting Tyre Recyclers – Essential to the European Green Deal”.
EuRIC writes that going the extra-mile on the road of climate neutral and circular economy is a must to achieve the targets set by the European Green Deal and tire recycling has a key role in this regard. Tires are complex-products made from the very best quality raw materials, such as rubber, steel and textile fibers. Recyclers have invested heavily to recover more materials from end-of-life tires (ELT) while creating non-outsourceable jobs and contributing to environmental sustainability. Yet, in the European Union, the margin for improvement remains significant to boost tire recycling.
Join Recyclers’ Talks #4 to discuss what is needed to achieve more circularity in tires and a more sustainable value chain and find out how different players in the tire value chain can contribute to this goal.
Keynote Opening Interventions (14:30 – 15:00)
- Poul STEEN RASMUSSEN, President of EuRIC MTR, Group CEO, Genan – Opening Words
- Enrique GARCIA JOHN, Policy Officer, European Commission
- Member European Parliament (TBC)
Panel Discussion with Q&A from the audience (15:00 – 16:40)
- Alex VAN GELDEREN, Advisor ELT management and Fazilet CINARALP, Secretary General, The European Tyre & Rubber Manufacturers Association (ETRMA)
- Lars RAAHAUGE, External Consultant, Environment & Business Development, Genan
- Alastair COX, Technical Director, EMEA Synthetic Turf Council (ESTC)
- Élise VITALI, Policy Officer for chemicals, European Environmental Bureau (EEB)
- Sonia MEGERT MARSHALL, COO, Tyre Recycling Solutions (TRS)
Concluding remarks and policy recommendations (16:40 – 16:45)
- Emmanuel KATRAKIS, Secretary General of EuRIC
- The event will be moderated by Kira TAYLOR, Journalist @EURACTIV
To learn more about the event and register, please proceed to the official website.