The 8th Scrap Tire Recycling Conference (STREF)
South Carolina’s Greenville is hosting the 8th Scrap Tire Recycling Conference on December 4-5 this year; the most dominant tire producing state in the US expects to unite the industry’s leaders and key players and to become an outstanding platform for networking.
The conference is organized by Scrap Tire Research and Education Foundation (STREF). One of the conference’s sponsors is the U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association (USTMA); additionally, the event receives support of the South Carolina Department of Commerce.
The conference will open with the plenary session on scrap tire markets during which South Carolina’s waste tire management programs and procedures will be discussed and debated.
The organizers are seeking to shed light on circular economy and challenge conventional models of tire manufacturing and waste tire disposal. Thus, the attendees will get a chance to learn about emerging trends in the waste tire processing and control.
The agenda will include the following topics:
- Scrap Tire Markets: South Carolina’s Leadership
- The Circular Economy: Overview & Future Thinking
- Transportation Infrastructure Solutions & Rubber Modified Asphalt
- Innovation: Repurposing Tires for New Solutions
- Micronized Rubber Powder & Devulcanization Technologies
- Durable Molded & Extruded Products
- Tire Pyrolysis
- Tire Derived Fuel
- Future Tire Technologies & Managing Processing Challenges
- Emerging State Issues in State Scrap Tire Management
- Emerging Materials Regulations & Impact on Scrap Tire Markets
The Hyatt Regency in downtown Greenville has been chosen as the venue of the event. The detailed agenda of the conference is available here.
To learn more about the event and register, please proceed to the official website.