EVOREC tells about its two-step performance devulcanization process
To produce devulcanized rubber with very high-quality standards, EVOREC (F. lli MARIS S.p.A) – an Italian technology provider for evoluted rubber and plastic recycling solutions and innovator in the field of end-of-life tire rubber devulcanization – has designed and patented a new two-step devulcanization process, EVOREC Rubber Plus.
- The first stage involve devulcanization of the rubber by means of a co-rotating twin-screw extruder – characteristics equivalent to Evorec Rubber.
- The rubber thus devulcanized will go to feed, by direct connection, the second extruder.
- The second stage, given by the combination of a single-screw extruder and a screen-changer, offers the possibility of achieving significant advantages:
- Sudden cooling of the devulcanized rubber: this operation makes it possible to contain the temperature of the extruded strip while minimizing rubber degradation. The effects are observable both in terms of mechanical properties of the recycled material and in terms of reduced odor gas emissions;
- Rubber filtration: this operation, made possible by the high thrust capacity of the single-screw extruder, allows the devulcanized rubber to be filtered before extrusion, again increasing the mechanical properties and, more generally, the qualities of the recycled material.
About EVOREC and Maris
Since it was founded in 1962, MARIS, an Italian manufacturer of co-rotating twin-screw extruders, has claimed one of the leading positions in the research of new state-of-the-art applications for its products.
With the aim of providing its customers with the widest range of choices, every mechanical component of Maris’ extruders are entirely in-house manufactured. Maris positions itself as one of the few companies in the world able to customize its co-rotating twin-screw extruders according to its customers’ specific needs and this is true also when it comes to rubber devulcanization.