Frankfurt to host the 2nd European Carbon Black Summit, 22–23 June 2022
ACI’s 2nd European Carbon Black Summit will take place on the 22nd and 23rd June 2022, in Frankfurt, Germany. With ever increasing focus on sustainability & recycling and fluctuation of feedstock prices, the European carbon black industry is facing changes in the near future. The industry will need to adapt to these new objectives & developments, and work together as a whole to ensure a smooth & thriving transition.
The two-day event will bring together senior representatives of the different stakeholders involved in this sector, from producers, technology developers, rubber producers, chemical suppliers, researchers, as well as other influential stakeholders from the value chain.
Among the confirmed conference speakers will be Robert Weibold – the founder and managing director of Weibold, consulting company focused on tire recycling and pyrolysis, and Thomas Sorensson – the CEO of Scandinavian Enviro Systems, the Swedish tire pyrolysis technology supplier and operator.
Weibold operates worldwide and helps customers build successful tire recycling and pyrolysis businesses. The company was founded in 1999 and since then gathered an international team of experts and established a large professional network involving researchers, decision makers and authorities. Today, Robert Weibold maintains liaison with numerous industry players, including world’s leading innovators. This helps Weibold to receive first-hand information about markets, new products and innovative technologies in the field of tire recycling and tire pyrolysis.
At the conference, Robert Weibold will be presenting a topic "Market Review of the Recovered Carbon Black Industry, Outlook 2025."
Scandinavian Enviro Systems has been a major player in the Recovered Carbon Black industry for many years, utilising patented pyrolysis technology to recycle end-of-life tires. The company has worked with many companies to improve the sustainability of products, including Anva Polytech and Volvo Cars, as well as receiving a visit from Karl XVI Gustaf, King of Sweden. In 2021, a strategic partnership with Michelin was announced, which is prioritising the establishment of a recycling end-of-life mining tires plant in Chile.
Thomas Sorensson will be presenting the topic "Enabling Circular Value Chains in Recovered Carbon Black (rCB) Industry."
Other topics that will be covered at the conference:
- International Market Review of the Carbon Black Industry
- The Improvements and Technology Advances in the Production Process
- Evolving Sustainability: Introducing Recovered Carbon Black
- Health and Safety Regulations
- In Depth Analysis of the Carbon Black Grades
- Carbon Black in Current Policy Frameworks
- Assessing Current Applications of Carbon Black including New and High-Performance Applications
- Understanding the Role of Recovered Carbon Black in the Rubber & Tire Industry
- Future Development of Carbon Black
Who will attend
- Heads of carbon black technology/research & development
- Carbon black logistics companies
- Feedstock/Business Development Managers
- Marketing Managers
- Heads of elastomers technology & innovation
- Research & development teams in tire production
- Regulators and government policy makers
For further information and registration, please proceed to the official website of the European Carbon Black Summit.