Still time to register for TRAC 2023 Rubber Recycling Symposium, October 4-5, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
The Tire and Rubber Association of Canada (TRAC) invites all with an interest in and passion for tire and rubber sustainability including end-of-life tire management to register for its highly anticipated 2023 Rubber Recycling Symposium taking place October 4-5 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
“This year’s event is going to be one for the books. Our 2023 lineup is comprised of stellar speakers from key global markets including the Americas, Asia, Australia, and Europe; and brings some of the true experts and leaders in their respective fields,” says Carol Hochu, President and CEO of TRAC.
“Simply put, the attendees will be privy to a very comprehensive program: On day one, they will receive an overview of the state of Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) tire models, regulations, and legislature from the point of view of Canada, Australia, Italy and Sweden, and an update on bills and bans in the U.S.A. and Europe. Of course, I can’t omit our keynote speaker, Dr. Larisa Kryachkova, Executive Director, the Tire Industry Project (TIP). On day two, the attendees will hear from Pirelli, Michelin, and Bridgestone on what drives sustainability in tire manufacturing; about developments in markets for Rubber Modified Asphalt, Tire Derived Aggregate, Tire Derived Products, and Tire Derived Fuel, and much more. As always, our highly sought-after CEO Panel will conclude the event.” An optional tour of Halifax C&D Recycling and Lafarge Brookfield will take place on Friday October 6.
Session highlights and speakers at-a-glance include:
- Keynote: Dr. Larisa Kryachkova, Executive Director, the Tire Industry Project (TIP) of the World Business Council on Sustainable Development (virtual)
- Barry Takallou, President & CEO, CRM & Chair, TRAC ELT Committee
- Bob Ferguson, Program Manager, Canadian Association of Tire Recycling Agencies (CATRA)
- Steve Meldrum, CEO, eTracks Tire Management Systems
- Louis Gagne, Research & Planning Officer, Recyc Quebec
- Frank LeBlanc, CEO, Recycle New Brunswick
- John Sheerin, Director End-of-life Tire Programs, U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association (USTMA)
- Fredrik Ardefors, CEO, SDAB (Swedish Tire Recycling Association)
- Lina Goodman, CEO, Tyre Stewardship Australia (TSA)
- Jamie McNutt, Director of Regulatory Science, U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association (USTMA)
- Alex Van Gelderen, Manager, ELT and Circularity, European Tyre and Rubber Manufacturers Association (ETRMA)
- Brandon Kuczenski, Principal at Scope 3 Consulting (virtual)
- Maureen Kline, Vice President, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Pirelli Tire North America
- Andrew Thompson, Global Director, Sustainability Strategy, Bridgestone Corporation (invited)
- Derek Bradeen, Global Business Model Leader - Retreading & Recycling, Michelin
- Nick Santero, Leading Sustainability Science, Rivian
- Dr. Redmond Clark, Asphalt Plus
- Peter Schroedter, Principal, Engineered Recycled Rubber Aggregate
- Paul Downey, CEO, Pliteq Inc.
- Rob Cumming, Head, Sustainability & Public Affairs at Lafarge Canada Inc (East)
- Emmie Leung, Emterra Group
For the full agenda with speakers visit the event program page.
*Speakers may be subject to change based on availability.
Should you have questions regarding the event, please contact Michal Majernik, firstname.lastname@example.org.