International Elastomer Conference to be held in Knoxville from October 10-13, 2022
The International Elastomer Conference (IEC) is the one place, one time a year, where attendees from tire manufacturing and tire recycling industries find the best of the industry all under one roof. It is an event where connections are made, knowledge is shared, new products, new technology and new ideas are introduced, business is conducted, developed and gained, fun is had, encouragement and empowerment happen, and the future is embraced.
These are the main components of IEC:
The expo is the premier place where tire recycling industry’s customers and suppliers come together. It features a wide variety of companies, such as equipment manufacturers, injection molders, extruders, custom mixers, processing equipment, hydraulic presses, vacuum molding, testing labs, distributors, suppliers, and many more in the industry.
The expertise of the speakers and the information presented at the Technical Meeting are highly rated. Leading experts in the field of rubber and elastomers will share their knowledge on the following session topics:
- New Commercial Developments
- Raw Materials Sustainability
- Aging & Degradation of Rubber
- Material Technologies Driving Electric Vehicles (EV)
- Characterization of Elastomers & Raw Materials
- Elastomers for 3D Printing & Additive Manufacturing
- Elastomers for Energy Applications & Extreme Environments
- Vibration Isolation
- Wear Particles, Leachables & Toxicity
- Elastomers for Healthcare
- New Techniques Measuring Rubber Processability
- Elastomers in Infrastructure
Educational Symposium to take a deeper dive into important industry topics such as essentials of rubber technology, thermoplastic & functional elastomers, dynamic viscoelastic properties, essentials of silicone rubber, scientific rubber molding, rubber vulcanization & curing chemistry etc.
The WORD (Women Of Rubber Division) program works to bring the women of tire recycling industry together. The focus of this event will be on the power of mindset and will be led by two exceptional women – Leslie Ungar, President, Electric Impulse Communications and Tamsin Astor, PhD, Chief Habit Scientist, International Speaker & Author. This is the first-time-ever workshop where one topic is approached from two different, amazing and interesting perspectives.
Networking sessions and other events such as:
- Opening Ceremony & Keynote Address
- Get Involved!
- Student Symposium
- Career Fair
- Chair's Breakfast
- Awards Breakfast
- Experience Elastomers Student Outreach Program
To learn more and to register, please visit IEC website.