Martin von Wolfersdorff speaks about pyrolysis at Tyre Recycling Podcast
The renowned in the tyre recycling industry British magazine Tyre & Rubber Recycling runs a podcast exposing interesting topics and announcing updates to the tyre recycling and pyrolysis industries. Tyre Recycling Podcast interviews key players from the tyre recycling and pyrolysis industry from around the world. Make sure to subscribe for Tyre & Rubber Recycling magazine to receive updates about its interviews!
Episode 45 of the Tyre Recycling podcast features an interview with Martin von Wolfersdorff, the Managing Director of Wolfersdorff Consulting Berlin.
During the interview Martin discusses the current state of play in the tyre pyrolysis sector and the changes seen over the last few year with manufacturers stating to dictate the specifications of their requirements. Tyre Recycling Podcast’s interviewer Ewan Scott also asked Martin to talk about the success of the Smithers Rcb Conference and the problems and opportunities that could exist from the potential crumb rubber restrictions.
- 00:00 – Introduction to Episode #45: A Conversation with Martin von Wolfersdorff on Pyrolysis and Recovered Carbon Black
- 01:26 – Interview with the Managing Director of Wolfersdorff Consulting Berlin, Martin von Wolfersdorff
- 01:41 – Martin Gives on Overview on the Changes in the Market
- 03:37 – What will happen to smaller players in pyrolysis market in the context of larger players coming on the radar?
- 05:24 – Martin talks about challenges facing pyrolysis sector for start-ups
- 08:14 – Feedstock challenges across Europe
- 11:00 – Importance of Feedstock control in not just quantity but type of tyres
- 12:31 – Has the market changed with the manufacturers dictating the specifications what they require
- 19:03 – Sustainable carbon black vs Virgin carbon black
- 23:20 – Wolfersdorff talks in more details about sustainable carbon blacks
- 25:35 – Smithers Rcb Conference: The story behind the conference
- 28:17 – Wolfersdorff explains the key benefits in attending the conference
- 31:34 – Martin looks at the potential restrictions placed on crumb rubber and what it means for pyrolysis industry
- 37:12 – Conclusion to Episode #45: A Conversation with Martin von Wolfersdorff on Pyrolysis and Recovered Carbon Black
To watch more interviews by Ewan Scott and Richard Wilson at the Tyre Recycling Podcast, please proceed to the website of Tyre & Rubber Recycling magazine.