Pyrum’s CEO and CERTH Researcher featured in Episode 47 of Tyre Recycling Podcast
The renowned in the tire recycling industry British magazine Tyre & Rubber Recycling runs a podcast exposing interesting topics and announcing updates to the tire recycling and pyrolysis industries. Tyre Recycling Podcast interviews key players from the tire recycling and pyrolysis industry from around the world. Make sure to subscribe for Tyre & Rubber Recycling magazine to receive updates about its interviews!
This special episode of the Tyre Recycling Podcast features two experts from the ambitious Blackcycle Project, which is working to create a circular economy model for enf-of-life tires. Stelios Stefanidis, a Collaborating Researcher at CERTH, and Pascal Klein, CEO of Pyrum Innovations, respond to questions from the editor Ewan Scott about the most recent advancements in the Blackcycle Project.
- 00:00 – Introduction to Episode 47: Pyrum Innovations and CERTH Talk All Things Blackcycle
- 02:57 – Interview with Pascal Klein, CEO of Pyrum Innovations and Stelios Stefanidis, Collaborating Researcher at CERTH
- 03:02 – Pascal Klein Updates on the Status of the Blackcycle Project
- 03:52 – Klein talks about the sustainable carbon black technology
- 04:53 – Pyrum Innovations and CERTH highlight how they are collaborating within the consortium for the success of the project
- 07:53 – What are the major steps that have been achieved in ELT pyrolysis in the last 10 years?
- 09:50 – Stefanidis explains CERTH’s role in upgrading the pyrolysis vapours
- 11:59 – How has Blackcycle helped Pyrum Innovations develop knowledge about the industry?
- 14:01 – How does it feel for CERTH to collaborate with partners such as Pyrum?
- 16:03 – Klein talks about Blackcycle’s role in solving the tire arising issue in Europe
- 21:15 – Stefanidis discusses CERTH’s work in improving the quality of pyrolytic oil and the potential for further developments through their academic research
- 24:11 – Klein and Stefanidis respond to comments on unpurified pyrolytic oil be used as a bunker fuel
- 26:28 – How would Pyrum Innovations and CERTH describe their experience as a part of this European Project?
- 28:26 – Conclusion to Episode 47: Pyrum Innovations and CERTH Talk All Things Blackcycle
To watch more interviews by Ewan Scott and Richard Wilson at the Tyre Recycling Podcast, please proceed to the website of Tyre & Rubber Recycling magazine.