Signus reveals new scrap tire tariffs entering into force in March 2020
A Spanish scrap tire collector and manager Signus revealed earlier this month during its traditional press-conference that it is adopting new rates starting March 1, 2020 in accordance with the planned reform of Royal Decree (RD) 1619/2005 regarding waste tires.
During the press-conference, the company also stated that it was creating a sustainability label; the Director of Development and Innovation presented some trademarks to boost the sales of recycled rubber.
Royal Decree 1619/2005 that projects the reform of the waste tire management has not yet entered into force. Nevertheless, Signus wanted to act now and publicize its rates for 2020. These rates will be applicable once the decree becomes effective. New tariffs maintain the 4.73% decline implemented in the month of July.
Signus has shared the list of the new tariffs that apply to numerous categories:
- A: Motorcycle and scooter. € 0.70
- B: Tourism. € 1.18
- C: Truck, 4 × 4, SUV and SUV. € 1.90
- D: Truck and bus. € 8.80
- E1: Maintenance, massif, quad, kart, gardening and other ≤5. € 0.11
- E2: Maintenance, massif, quad, kart, gardening and others> 5 and ≤25. € 1.72
- E3: Maintenance, massif, quad, kart, gardening and others> 25 and ≤50. € 3.04
- E4: Maintenance, massif, quad, kart, gardening and others> 25 and ≤50. € 3.04
- F1: Agricultural <50. € 3.42
- F2: Agricultural ≥50 and <100. € 9.15
- F3: Agricultural ≥100 and <200. € 14.12
- F4: Agricultural ≥200. € 28.25
- G1: Public and industrial work <50. € 3.14
- G2: Public and industrial work ≥50 and <100. € 11.66
- G3: Public and industrial work ≥100. € 45.56
Singus has also published a regulation targeting second-hand tires and their placing on the market – marketers will be forced to prove to customers that UNE 69051 standard has been met; the special verifying document will have to be granted to buyers.
The new rates announcement comes amid reports that Goodyear Tires Spain will hold the presidency at Signus, thus replacing Continental Tires Spain which will assume the vice presidency, formerly occupied by Pirelli.
Press release by Signus.