The Victorian Circular Economy Recycling Modernization Fund is open for applications
Grant applications are open for the $2 million federal and Victorian government-funded Victorian Circular Economy Recycling Modernisation Fund, covering recycling and remanufacturing of plastic, paper, cardboard, and tires.
Grants from the program, which is run by Sustainability Victoria, range in value from $50,000 to $500,000 and can fund up to 25% of a project's expenses (the funds for local governments pay up to a third of costs).
Sustainability Victoria is supporting industry and local councils through Round 3 of the Victorian Circular Economy Recycling Modernisation Fund, which aims to build the capacity, capability and resilience of Victoria’s resource recovery sector, support businesses to respond to the national export ban on waste materials, increase the quality of materials for manufacturing and create jobs in the circular economy.
Projects must meet one or more of the following:
- Improve domestic capacity and/or capability for the recycling and resource recovery of materials impacted by the waste export ban (tires, glass, paper, plastic)
- Increase the use and market demand for recycled materials
- Create jobs
- Reduce impact of waste going to landfill
- Increase economic development opportunities
- Applicants must either be an Australian business or a local government, they must hold an Australian ABN and be operating for over a year.
- Project must be located in Victoria and source 50% or more of the feedstock from Victorian sources
Application closes: Tuesday 27th of September 2022, 11:59 pm
If you would like to find out more about the grant and apply, please follow the link.