Tire and Rubber Association of Canada names 2023 - 2024 Board of Directors
The Tire and Rubber Association of Canada (TRAC) announced its new Board of Directors following its Annual General Meeting of members held on June 14, 2023. At that meeting, the members elected Lawrence Kumar of Yokohama Tire (Canada) as a new Director. Based in Langley, B.C., Mr. Kumar has over two decades of experience in the tire industry and is currently the Controller at Yokohama Tire (Canada).
“We welcome Lawrence to the TRAC Board. His business experience and knowledge are sure to be of great value to TRAC in the coming years,” says Paul Downey, President and CEO of Pliteq, and TRAC Chair of the Board. “I also extend the warmest welcome and acknowledge the hard work of our returning Directors who continue to serve the organization with utmost diligence and professionalism.”
TRAC’s 2023-2024 Board of Directors is as follows:
- Paul Downey (Chair), Pliteq Inc.
- Pam Scarrow (1st Vice-Chair), Bridgestone Canada Inc.
- Chris Figel (2nd Vice-Chair), AirBoss of America Corp.
- Kim Rolfe (Treasurer), Continental Tire Canada Inc.
- Andrew Mutch, Michelin North America (Canada) Inc.
- Dean Pearson, Cabot Canada Ltd.
- Lawrence Kumar, Yokohama Tire (Canada)
- Maureen Kline, Pirelli Tire Inc.
- Paul Christou, Goodyear Canada Inc.
The Tire and Rubber Association of Canada is the national trade association representing tire makers, rubber products manufacturers and importers as well as rubber recyclers and suppliers of goods and services related to the industry. TRAC helps shape public policy that supports tire and rubber industry innovation, performance, safety, and sustainability including end-of-life tire management.
Press release by TRAC.