Tyre Stewardship Australia announces Low Traffic Crumb Rubber Road Fund
On Spetember 10 2020, Tyre Stewardship Australia (TSA) proudly announced the release of the Low Traffic Crumb Rubber Road Fund (LTCRRF), aimed at encouraging the use of Crumb Rubber (CR) in low traffic asphalt roads across Australia. This fund, open to Local Councils and other eligible organisations, is to support these entities to:
- Install, upgrade, or maintain low traffic roads with CR asphalt
- Implement the new Victorian specifications
- Progress the development of low traffic road specifications in other stateliand territories around Australia
- Demonstrate the benefit of CR roads in varying road conditions around Australia
- Capture the benefit of CR modified roads relative to conventional roads
- Enable industry and consumers to better access CR modified asphalts
- Promote and proliferate the use of CR modified asphalts around Australia.
Full details of the fund, including eligibility criteria can be found in the document below. For terms and conditions please click here.
More about Low Traffic Crumb Rubber Road Fund
About Tyre Stewardship Australia
Tyre Stewardship Australia has been formed to implement the national Tyre Product Stewardship Scheme to promote the development of viable markets for end-of-life tyres in Australia.
This will have the multiple benefits of transforming a waste product into a useful commodity, creating new industries and employment opportunities while also reducing the environmental harm caused by the illegal dumping of old tyres.
TSA is made up of representatives from across the tyre supply chain including tyre retailers, manufacturers, recyclers and collectors. TSA members also include the Australian Motor Industry Federation.
Article by TSA.