Voting opens for 2022-2023 TIA Board
The Tire Industry Association (TIA) is an international non-profit association representing all segments of the tire industry, including those that manufacture, repair, recycle, sell, service or use new or retreaded tires, and also those suppliers or individuals who furnish equipment, material or services to the industry. The mission of TIA is to promote tire safety through training and education, to act as the principal advocate in government affairs and to enhance the image and professionalism of the industry so that our member businesses may be more successful. TIA has more than 13,000 members from all 50 states and around the globe.
Thirteen candidates, including three incumbents, are vying for four open spots on the 2022-2023 Tire Industry Association Board of Directors. Those elected will serve three-year terms. Following are the Board of Director nominees:
- Gil Applegate, director of operations, Tredroc Tire Service, Elk Grove, Ill.;
- Bill Bailey, vice president of sales, customer service and training, Myers Tire Supply, Akron, Ohio;
- Rob Czukor, CEO of Tire Recycling Consultants, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.;
- Russell Devens (incumbent), director of safety & risk management, McCarthy Tire Service, Wilkes-Barre, Penn.;
- Billy Eordekian, president of 1-800EveryRim OEM Wheels, Santa Fe Springs, Calif.;
- John Evankovich, director of Sam’s Club Tire & Battery Centers, Bentonville, Ark.;
- Travis Glidden (incumbent), regional sales manager, Stellar Industries Inc., Garner, Iowa;
- Ed Jones, director of sales, Bartec USA, Sterling Heights, Mich.;
- Gary MacCausland, senior vice president of operations, VIP Tires & Service, Auburn, Maine;
- Eri Muca, global aftermarket TPMS manager, ATEQ TPMS Tools, Novi, Mich.;
- Craig Stevens, sales manager, Big Horn Tire, Gillette, Wyo.;
- Craig Tinklenberg, sales and safety trainer, Fuller Brothers Inc., Clackamas, Ore.; and
- T.J. Trum (incumbent), general counsel, Pomp’s Tire Service Inc., Kansas City, Kan.
Voting is open only to eligible TIA members in good standing. Members can vote via paper ballot or online on the association’s website, www.tireindustry.org.
Voting opened July 1 and will close on Sept. 1. Election materials have been mailed to the primary contacts at all eligible TIA member companies.
Election results will be announced in mid-September with the new Board members taking office on Monday, Oct. 31, 2022, at TIA’s annual Membership Meeting during the Global Tire Expo/SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
To learn more, please visit TIA’s website.